Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Christmas Spirit

The other day my son and I went to Walmart to find an odd-size battery.  As we exited our truck in the parking lot, I saw my son begin walking rapidly and heard him call out, "Ma'am, can I help you with that?"  Looking in the direction he headed, I observed an elderly woman trying to load a television into her trunk.  My son loaded the television for her and wished her a good day before rejoining me.

For my son, this was not necessarily the Christmas spirit as he behaves in that manner on a daily basis.  However, it is the perfect time of year for such a spirit to be shared, to be emulated, and to spread.  There are a million different good deeds that can take no more than a minute of your time. Hold the door for someone.  Smile at the toddler in front of you in line.  Tell your delivery driver thank you when you receive your package.  

It costs you nothing to spread the love.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest