Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Simplify

This year, we discussed simplifying your home.  We removed ten things each week from one room at a time in order to reduce the chaos.

As the end of the year nears, take a quick run through the house again.  Carry a box with you and pick up things you haven't touched all year.  When the box is full, immediately put it in your car for the trip to Goodwill.  Be honest, if you haven't done anything with something in a year, you'll never miss it!

Honestly, I could do this every week all year.  After moving into my new home, I realize that I have too much, particularly sentimental items.  I have failed when it comes to that category as I cannot imagine giving up my grandmothers' quilts or a single card from my ex-husband who is now deceased.  But rather than viewing it as a failure and stopping with that, I am choosing to view it as my project for the new year.

Have you grabbed a box and gotten started?  What are you waiting for?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest