August is National Friendship Month. Now I know everyone is busy coming back from vacation, getting the kids and grandkids ready for school, etc. But too often life gets in the way when it comes to caring for our friendships. And like any other relationship, they need to be nurtured and tended.
So here is your mission if you choose to accept it! (Peter Graves flashback!) Complete at least one thing and try to do more this month. You have two weeks left so it should be easy!
1. Pick up the phone and call a friend you haven't spoken with in over 30 days. You know you have more than one!!
2. Shoot off a quick text to let a friend know you're thinking of them.
3. Write an actual snail mail letter. Can you imagine the joy when they open their mailbox?
4. If it's within your budget...send a friend a small bouquet. Let them know you love them.
5. Tell a friend thank you for being your friend. Remember, unlike family, friendships are chosen.
Now that's just a few ideas to get you started. How will you appreciate your friends this month?