Thursday, January 5, 2012

Who Are You?

The new year has always been a time for introspection and reflection.  A time to turn inwards and figure out where you want to go and what you want to change for the new year.  So who are you?  Deep down, at your core...what is the one word you would use to describe yourself?

Me?  I would say I'm lucky.  Lucky.  That's a small word that encompasses quite a bit.  I'm lucky to have a roof over my head in this economy.  I'm lucky to have friends who love me.  Why lucky?  Because love isn't something you can earn or achieve.  But I have it so I'm lucky.

I'm lucky to have incredible kids.  I know, every mom says that.  But mine really are!!  I'm lucky to have my dogs and their unconditional love.  I'm lucky to have food on my table when so many don't.

I'm lucky to have grandkids who are healthy and happy.  I'm lucky my nest is now empty so I have a whole new life.  I'm lucky to live in a city that is brimming over with music and other events.

I'm lucky to have this blog to share my life and thoughts.  I'm lucky to have readers like you who inspire me to keep going every day.

Who am I?  I'm lucky.  Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest