Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Change

A slight change has been made to my blog.

Due to some individuals using my blog as a vehicle for disrespect and harassment, anonymous comments will no longer be accepted by this blog.  If you have a legitimate comment to make, there should be no problem signing your name to that comment.

I've also been asked by a few readers who the individual is that tags my more heartfelt posts as "funny".  This person does not deserve to be identified, discussed, or mentioned after this post.  Whomever they may be, the fact that they take the time out of their day to perform a hateful act on a regular basis is just sad and pathetic.  Please realize that I seriously cleaned up the language on the first sentence of this paragraph.  The queries that I received were in much more colorful terms!

I realize as a writer that my words mean different things to different people and that they may have a completely different context for someone than my original intent when writing.  That is the nature of the beast.  I have no control what people read in to my words, or if they think that my posts personally pertain to them.  When I write, it is about situations I have observed, not individuals.  I will also post on friends' behalf when they want a topic addressed and don't have the means to do so.  When doing this, I write from my perspective, both to personalize the post and to protect the anonymity of the requester.

I now send these words out to the world.  There is no telling what will be made of them but as soon as I hit "Publish", they no longer belong to me.

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest