Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Woman in the Mirror

There's a meme that is frequently posted on social media that says:



An honorable aspiration and with the way I adore my rescue Aussie, Emma; one I can truly understand!

Reading the comments on the blog post yesterday and the emails and Facebook comments I received, I realized that I also want to be the person my friends see.  I would like nothing more than the woman I see reflected in the mirror to match the woman my friends see.  Right now, I'm not there.  I am on my way, though, and my goal is for those women to be one in the same.  Currently, I'm probably about halfway between what I had become convinced I was and the woman my friends insist I am.  But the fog on the mirror is clearing more day by day.

What man or woman do you see in the mirror?  Do you see what someones has cut you down to be or what is truly you?  Has your mirror been fogged by the vitriole and disparagement of others?  How do you dispel the fog?

Let me know your thoughts and tactics for clearing that pesky fog!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest