During the holidays is the perfect opportunity to give back. If you have a job, a roof over your head, and food in the fridge, you are in the position to give. Here are a few ideas.
1. Spend time visiting at a local nursing home. The staff will be happy to direct you to those who do not receive many visitors.
2. Volunteer at a local school. Budgets have been cut...they always need help!!
3. Visit your local animal shelter. Walk a dog, pet a cat, clean out a cage.
4. Check in on an elderly neighbor. Families no longer as close as a few generations ago.
5. Donate last year's coat to someone in need.
None of these will cost you any money other than possibly a bit of gas money. Spread the love.