Monday, November 14, 2011

I've Arrived.

As a blogger, I feel as if I've officially arrived.  What do I mean?  Well, I've had blog posts and what I've written twisted, used by other people for their own agenda, and used as an emotional weapon against both myself and others.

I've made it clear from the beginning of this blog that what I write is about my life, my experiences, and my adventures as an empty-nester.  But there remain people who are convinced that my words are aimed at, directed at, inspired by, and written about them.  Can I convince them otherwise?  Probably not.  The factors that convince them of their belief are the same ones that will negate any effort on my part.  The insecurities, the fear, and even the hate that they assign to my words comes from within them and not my words.

I've learned not to take it personally.  Like my children leaving my now empty nest, once my words are out there...they are no longer solely my own.  As with children, when they leave the nest you have hopes for what they will become.  And as with children again, they take routes not only unseen but sometimes dangerous.  This was a difficult lesson to learn.  It means giving up control over something that means a tremendous deal and realizing that all I can do now is sit back, watch, and pray.

With that lesson learned, there are also rewards.  I know I've made my readers laugh and I've made some cry. I've touched hearts and funny bones.  Is there evil along with the good?  Yes, it has appeared.  But that still means I reached something inside of someone.  How they choose to handle that touch is on them, not me.  And I'm ok with that.  It wasn't an easy journey to get to that point and sometimes it still stings.  I'm learning to handle it.

So with the same love I sent with my children as they left the nest...I send these words out into cyberspace.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest