Friday, November 18, 2011

A Necessary Splurge

I do a lot of posts on being frugal.  I enjoy finding the best deal I can on almost everything.  But there are some things that are necessary splurges.  Allow me to explain...

I frequently purchase fresh flowers.  I enjoy having them in my home.  Seeing them nurtures my soul and brings me a sense of calm and peace.


This bouquet is currently on my dining room table.  (The pink rose is my survivor rose I received after crossing the finish line at the Race for the Cure.)  The bouquet was not expensive.  In fact, it's two $4 bouquets combined in one vase.  A total of $8 that is now lasting into it's second week.  Not a huge splurge except in terms of the enjoyment it has brought me.

Being frugal does not equal deprivation.  Whether it is fresh flowers, a new book, or a movie ticket...the things that feed our hearts and soul are just as necessary as the food on our table.  For $10 dollars or less, is there really a better value?

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest