Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Why Simple?

We've been talking for the past two months about simplifying and reducing.  Why?  With the process of simplification, room is made for things you love, time is made for those you love, and clutter is cleared to bring a sense of peace.

Personally, just the reduction in the number of things of which I have to take time to care for and maintain has freed up my time,   By no means, however, is my system of simplifying perfect!  I still struggle emotional attachments to items.  In addition, the paper monster is still kicking my butt!

However, my to-do list seems more manageable.  I no longer feel quite as guilty taking some time to enjoy my television shows or to read a book.  Notice I said "as guilty"...there is still some guilt there! I continue to have to remind myself that I deserve the "me" time and the world will not come to an end if I don't get everything done.

As with anything in life...simplifying is a process.  I am still learning to find my balance.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest