Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What we do for love

The other night I made my husband liver and onions.  In the fifteen years we've been together, I'd always managed to avoid it by suggesting he order it when we go out to eat.  My luck finally ran out.  Not only did he buy the liver, he took it out of the freezer and thawed it so I had no choice but to cook it.  I actually had to look up the instructions on the internet to be able to do it.

So he came home from work to liver and onions.  Unfortunately, I seem to have done a good job.  To the point where he said it was great and can't wait to have it again.  What have I done???  Liver is gross, touching it was disgusting!!  The only saving grace was that my allergies are so bad right now, I couldn't smell anything!!!

A friend asked if I had ever had liver and onions as an adult.  NO!!  And I have absolutely no desire to eat it!  That's the advantage of being an empty-nester...I don't have to eat liver and onions!  I don't have to eat the crusts from my bread when I have a sandwich!  And I don't have to put green beans on my plate to "set a good example" for my kids!!

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest