Friday, September 16, 2011

Face to Face

Do you Skype?  Skype is a FREE web based service allowing you to speak face to face with friends and family via webcam.  Did you catch the FREE part?  They also offer pay services, but so far I've had a great time just using the free service.

Calling computer to computer, you can actually see the facial expressions of the person you're speaking to.  How often has an email been misconstrued?  When someone thought a joke was serious and took offense?  This eliminates that and lets you see the faces of your loved ones.

I have to admit, it still feels like something out of Star Trek!  And yes, I know I'm dating myself!!  But who ever would have thought this would be possible, especially when growing up a landline was the only thing available? So I do get a little thrill every time I use it.  And it is rapidly becoming my favorite mode of communication.

So download Skype and call a friend or family member that is far away.  Nothing beats face to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest