Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fashion and the Empty Nest

Ok...get ready for a rant!!

Some facts, first.  I'm 49 and a grandmother.  I'm 5'9" and I wear a size 3.  Ok, got the basics?  Now on to the rant...

I love fashion.  I adore a gorgeous pair of Santana stilettos.  I love a pair of skinny jeans.  But I've had children and I'm not a spring chicken.  So why does it seem that my only fashion choices are hooker or nursing home?  I mean, I want a pair of jeans with a rise that covers more than my you know what but I don't want it all the way up to my bra either!  And how about a shirt that actually makes it all the way down to the top of my jeans?  And without being in a pastel print?

And let's discuss sizing...I mean, puhleeze!!!  Why do store buyers assume that if you're tall, you must be at least a size 8 or above?  Really?  Do they honestly believe that anyone who is a size 3 is 5'4" or shorter?  Come on!!  I have a 36 inch inseam and finding jeans that are long enough is an absolute nightmare!!!  Not to mention a simple pencil skirt that comes to the knee on most women turns into a mini skirt on me.

Doctors say that each generation is getting taller.  So when are designers and buyers going to catch up?  They can't say that they don't carry such items because they don't sell.  We can't buy them because we can't find them!!

So the retail establishment wants to relegate me to my rocking chair.  Fine.  But I'll be rocking with those stilettos on!!!

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest