Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fate

Do you believe in fate?  Or do you believe that you and you alone make your own destiny?

For most of my life, I would have to say I believed the latter.  But lately, I've had the feeling I'm no more than a piece on someone else's chess board and have no control over where I'm moved.  It seems the universe has a plan for me that I didn't plan myself, that I didn't expect, and that I'm not sure where it's headed.

So what to do?  When this happens, do you wrest control back?  Do you vow to maintain control of your own direction?

Or do you hang on, buckle in, and enjoy the ride?  Do you wait and see where the fates take you?  Although it sounds fun and adventurous, it's kind of scary.

As for me...I seem to be in a holding pattern right now.  What you might call a "Wait and See" position.  I'm a mom, which means juggling multiple lives, schedules, and responsibilities.  To let everything go and just "go with it" is a pretty foreign concept.  But if you don't try new things, you don't grow or learn.

So maybe someday soon I'll just let go and ride wherever the waves take me.

And those are my random thoughts this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest