Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Menopause Brain

Today I have a severe case of menopause brain.  It's empty.  Completely empty.

I've caught myself a few times today wandering around a room with no clue why I even entered it in the first place.  I did manage to get the trash taken out before the garbage truck actually got here so I have accomplished one thing today!

I distinctly remember having pregnancy brain decades ago.  I could have a complete conversation with you and five minutes later, I would deny ever talking with you.  Little did I know then that it would return with a vengeance all these years later.  God bless hormones!

This blog sat staring at me with a blank page this morning for hours.  A friend told me to just go ahead and write what I know.  This is what I know this morning:  The porch light is on but the occupant is on vacation.

I think today that I'll stick with sandwiches and fruit.  I think I might be a menace when it comes to open flames or a microwave.

Better yet...I think I'll take a nap!!

And those are my random thoughts this morning....and boy, are they random!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, hilarious post! I think I may be in trouble though, because I already wander in rooms and have no idea why I'm there - and I'm not pregnant or near menopause!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest