Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review: My Love by Joanne Clancy

Wow!!  This book was so not what I expected from the title!  I was expecting some sort of love story but was pleasantly surprised by some of the best love and relationship advice I've ever read.

Having just gone through a divorce, a lot of the book really hit home for me.  It's written in a conversational tone, like a girlfriend telling you what's what.  It's common sense but the kind you don't think of for yourself while you're going through a situation.  Joanne delivers the advice with personal anecdotes from her own life and you immediately remember the same thing happening to you.

The book itself is preceded by essays, including one which literally made me sob out loud.  I won't say any more about that...it's something you have to read for yourself.

My opinion?  Every woman from 15 to 85 should read and take this book to heart.  It probably wouldn't hurt a few men I know to read it either!!

You can find Joanne at AmazonGoodreads, and Facebook.  Check her out!!


Disclaimer:  I was provided with an e-book edition of My Love to facilitate this review.  All opinions expressed are strictly my own.

1 comment:

  1. Jerrilynn,

    Thank you so much for your wonderful review of My Love. I'm delighted you liked it.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest