Monday, July 16, 2012

Forgiveness

One of my best friends told me something on the phone the other day that made me stop and think.  I don't remember exactly what we were discussing but she told me that I was "scathingly" hard on myself.

She's probably right.  (I would say she's absolutely right...but if I do, she'll never let me forget it!)  I think part of my problem is that is the way I was raised.  Failure was never an option and perfection was expected at all times.  A "B" grade was completely unacceptable.  Regular classes?  Oh no, it had to be honors classes in high school.

Now I'm 50 and still continuously worry if I'm doing things right.  There's some food for thought on the pressure you put on your kids.  It never goes away.  Let them know that not only does EVERYONE make mistakes...but it's also okay.

Forgiveness, like charity, has to begin at home.  Add this to the list of things I'm working on on my new journey.



Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest