Friday, July 27, 2012

The Whole Thing

On the way home from New Orleans Sunday morning, we stopped for breakfast in an old-fashioned diner named Scafidi's Wheel-Inn.  It's located in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi and is a hidden treasure along the Gulf Coast.

By the time we got to the restaurant, I was starving.  On the menu was a breakfast called the "Hungry Jack".  It included sausage gravy and biscuits so that was the deciding factor for me...I love that stuff!  

Reading the menu, I read it wrong.  I could have sworn that the menue said bacon, ham, or sausage.  It turned out there was no "or".  When my breakfast was served, it was 3 eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage gravy and biscuits, ham, bacon, AND sausage.  You would think the name "Hungry Jack" would have given me a clue.

I have to confess...I ate every bite.  I don't think there was even a crumb left on my plate when I was through.  If I could eat like that for every meal, I might actually have a chance of gaining some weight!  In reality, that meal filled me up until 6 p.m. that night.  

If you are visiting along the Mississippi Gulf Coast...stop in at Scafidi's.  I dare you to get the
"Hungry Jack"!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest