Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Little Things

Having moved alone to a brand new place after my divorce was and continues to be hard.  Loneliness is a constant companion and lack of interaction with people can drag you down even further.  You can only stay alone in your home for so long before it actually hurts.

Thank God for my friends!  Though not here with me in person, unexpected surprises show up in the mail and brighten my day.  I received a card this week that made my day.  Just a short note inside and I wore a smile for the rest of the day.

The fact that she took time out of her day to sit and write and actually mail a card meant the world to me.  It let me know I'm not completely alone.  And I'm hanging on to these moments as they shore up my foundation.

I've learned through this divorce that I cannot do this alone.  Each and every one of the friends who have supported me have kept me from sinking.  There is no greater gift than this.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest