Thursday, August 15, 2013

Not a Napper

I am not the type of person who takes naps.  For some reason, I just cannot seem to lay down at a random time during the day and fall asleep.  I envy those who can, but I've never quite learned the knack.

Yesterday I actually took a nap.  I was so exhausted, I fell asleep while reading for about an hour.  When I woke up, however, I didn't have that refreshed feeling everyone talks about.

I woke up feeling very disoriented.  By the time I felt on an even keel again, I started running through my head all the things I still needed to accomplish.  I began to feel rushed and stressed.

I've talked to people who swear by a nap.  They will say they wake up with a second wind and lots of energy.  I woke up to panic.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.  Or...I'm truly just not a nap person.  Oh well, I tried!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest