Wednesday, April 29, 2015

At The Polls

While we have been discussing the power of women working together, I received a reminder of that power last night.

My city had a special election yesterday for the office of mayor.  I rushed to vote when I got off work, and pulled into a packed parking lot at the polling location.

When I walked inside, every single person voting was a woman.  EVERY SINGLE ONE!  What better evidence of what women can do when they work together than our democratic process. Women as a voting bloc are a force to be reckoned with.

As we approach another presidential election, keep your fellow women in mind.  I know the constant ads and commercials are annoying.  I realize that listening to the insults, the mud-slinging, and the accusations is draining.  Rise above the noise and join with other women to utilize the vote for the benefit of all.  

Never underestimate the power of a woman...especially when she stands with her sisters.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest