Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reaching Out

Part of the power of women is the circle with which we surround ourselves.  Our circles are those women we love and trust, who love and trust in return, and who we know are always there.

As we grow older, our circles change.  The women included are no longer the ones we go out to the clubs with on a Saturday night.  They become those women who are comfortable enough in our homes to kick off their shoes, curl up on the couch, and ignore each other while the movie is playing. The level of comfort within your circle is what defines that circle.

Reach out to your circle.  Pick up the phone.  Don't text, call.  Listen to your friend's voice.  Do you hear things she is not saying out loud?  There are a myriad of emotions that just cannot be expressed through a text or email.

Admittedly, I am remiss in calling.  I am one who prefers to throw a quick text just to check in.  This is something I need to work on.  My circle deserves more of me.

Reach out, check in, and always say "I love you."

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest