Friday, August 17, 2012

Using Coupons

Have you watched "Extreme Couponing" on TLC?  I have and quite honestly, I don't get it.  I mean, I understand saving money on the things your family uses and I even understand stocking up.  But there is a huge difference between stocking up and a stockpile.

Why keep buying something when you already have two years' worth?  Why lose a major chunk of the square footage of your home to store laundry detergent?  While I acknowledge the advantage of having a couple months' supply of something on hand, having more than you can ever use makes no sense to me.

I do use coupons.  On average, I save between 15 and 20 percent on a standard grocery trip.  I could probably do better if I worked harder at it, but I invest a minimum amount of my life and time into the pursuit of savings.  There comes a point when the time becomes more valuable than the dollar savings.  My time is infinitely precious to me.

What are your thoughts on couponing?  Do you tend to the extreme shown on TV?  Where do you draw the line?  Let me know your system!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest