Monday, January 30, 2017

Back to Basics

What are your goals for this year?  Notice I didn't say resolutions...I said goals.

For me, I am taking it back to basics.  Simplify, reduce, and enjoy.  At the ripe old age of 54, I now own a home of my own; one that no man has control over, that no man can take away from me.  It is my sanctuary and a sanctuary for those I love.  Creating that environment is my goal for the year.

In creating my sanctuary, I am learning to get back to basics.  I love reading and crafting.  I am shifting my focus inward.  That comes with the accusation of being anti-social.  I'm good with that. If spending time doing activities I enjoy, that feed my soul, means I am frequently alone, I'm good with that.   

I no longer feel the need to fill my time and life with activities that keep me on the go.  There is a special joy in solitude.  It is a learned joy, a learned skill.  True peace is achieved when you are content to be alone.  I can be alone without being lonely.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest