Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Reaching Out

Another thing I decided to do this year was reach out to someone I had a falling out with, and whom I missed dearly.  

It was a scary thing for me to do.  I was leaving myself vulnerable to rejection, to even more hurt, and risking a permanent disconnection.

I reached out.  A simple message, wishing her well.  It is amazing how much fear can be tied up in pressing the enter button!  Happily, she was receptive and a dialog, though a guarded one, has been reopened.

I am too old to let anything come between me and those I love.  Time is altogether too short to let slights and misunderstandings fester in any kind of relationship.  If there is someone you love, and whom you miss, reach out.  You have nothing to lose.  You are already estranged and the worst that can happen is that status continues.  Do it now. 

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest