Monday, January 9, 2017

Exhaustion

I had the best intentions starting off this new year.  Unfortunately, life, and overtime, got in the way of a lot of those "meaning to" lists.

I am tired.  My spirit is tired.  I seem to wake up every morning exhausted and I am not sure how I am making it through until I get off work at 11:15.  I do know that part of the problem is the extra weight that menopause has been so kind to grace upon me.  I have also quit drinking soda on a daily basis.  While I know it's good for me, a huge dose of Mountain Dew would definitely come in handy! 

My spirit is tired.  With all the overtime, my passions have taken a back seat.  Hell, they're not even in the car anymore!  I haven't had a moment to read, make jewelry, or even cook.  Meals have consisted of anything I can throw in the microwave or eat right out of the jar.

One thing I know for sure.  Only I can make the changes needed to refresh myself.  Mandatory overtime is now over.  I am going to take a week or two to get back on my feet, get some things done, and rest.  Only I can make the time for the things I love.

Are you overwhelmed?  What are your tricks for curing it?  Share!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest