Monday, January 23, 2017

How Dare You Shame Me

Yesterday, I saw a post on social media that was so incredibly disturbing.  This is the text of that post:

I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am "not respected or undermined" because I am a woman. 
I AM a woman
I can m
ake my own choices.
I can speak and be heard.
I can VOTE.
I can work if I want.
I control my body.
I can defend myself.
I can defend my family.
There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
I am a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
Quit blaming.
Take responsibility.
If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the injustices of woman in foreign countries in which most can't drive, can't vote, can't work, can't wear clothing of their choice, can't marry who the choose, can't speak unless spoken to! You don't speak for me! This is not my march! Copy and share!





HOW DARE YOU?  Do you actually believe that, because it hasn't happened to you, you are some kind of superwoman?  Do you believe that gives you the right to demean and judge others?

You say in this post to take responsibility.  How is a woman who has been raped in any way responsible?  Until you have been held against a shower wall by your throat, raped, and left unconscious on the floor, you have NO right to judge another woman who has been violated.  It is NEVER the victim's responsibility.  The victim is NEVER to blame.

You boast of being able to defend yourself.  There is always a man who is bigger and stronger, who is capable of overpowering you and hurting you.  That is a simple fact of nature.  There is the woman who did everything she was supposed to do.  She ran, she hid, she got the restraining order.  He found her anyways and three children lost their mother.  How dare you shame her.

I am lucky.  I survived.  You will NOT shame me.  I will continue to speak.  I will continue to defend those who need help defending themselves.  I will speak and I will fight to protect not only my daughter and granddaughters, but yours as well.  Attacking another woman for her defense of her fellow human beings is not a statement of politics, it is a revelation of your character.

I am strong.  I stand with my sisters in defense of ALL women.  You will not shame me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest