Taking care of yourself does not have to mean a costly trip to a spa, getting your nails done, or an expensive vacation. To do any of those things, particularly if you already have debt, will only add to your stress, not reduce it.
A few suggestions for frugal self care:
1. Buy a bottle of nail polish in a fun color. Don't get the most expensive brand, a two-dollar bottle will lift your spirits for the day just as well.
2. Head to your local library. Browse the stacks, taking your time. Choose a book on something you've always been interested in learning. Find a seat and peruse your selection. Take your time.
3. Head to the dollar store. Get a candle, lotion, bath crystals, shampoo and/or conditioner, all in the same scent. Find a pretty container and make your own spa basket for under ten dollars. Now go home and actually use it!
4. Be a tourist in your hometown. Wander around your city and enjoy the many free sites every city has to offer.
5. Sleep!!! Take a nap, go to bed early. Too often the easiest self care is the one most ignored. Rest!