Thursday, February 2, 2017

Respect Your Priorities

What are your priorities for this year?  Are you striving to live within your means?  Are you working towards a new career goal such as self-employment or working from home?  Are you trying to reduce credit card debt?

Whatever they may be, these are the priorities you set.  Respect them.  Taking actions and/or living a lifestyle in direct conflict with your priorities and goals only sabotages yourself.  Why would you do that?

Make a plan.  Don't say that you know what you want to achieve.  Write it down.  Now, break it down in to all the steps you have to take and all the changes you must make to achieve that goal.  Buy an attractive journal, one that is a pleasure to the eyes every time you look at it.  Write it down.

For me, it is getting my home to how I want it.  Each room has a couple of pages.  They include projects to be completed, what each room still needs, and wants that would make it better.  I have a definite plan, steps to be taken, and lists of what I need.  As I cross off each item, my goal nears.  This is my priority.  To achieve it, I don't go out.  I spend my small discretionary fund on books and crafts. These are things that feed my soul.  Everything else can wait until my goal is achieved.  

Think about your priorities and goals.  Are you taking steps to achieve them or are you disrespecting your own priorities by your actions?  It's time to take a hard look in the mirror.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest