Monday, February 13, 2017

Self Care

With all going on in the world today, it's easy to forget to take care of ourselves.  The fear, outrage, and need to resist take a toll on our spirit, our emotional well-being, and even our bodies.  How to begin?

For me, I am beginning my self care by learning to say no.  Too often, I have put my needs last to help another.  I have taken time out of my day to help a friend, to promote someone else's endeavors, or to listen.  

I've realized that such actions do not guarantee reciprocity.  As far as that goes, it is not why I help another.  However, when it reaches the point that I have lost valuable time needed to take care of my own business, such as this blog, or other goals such as my book, I need to realize that I need, and deserve, to protect my time more vociferously.

Step one on my journey of self care:  Take care of my time.  I juggle multiple projects at all times and my time is deserving of my defense and attention.  In order to take care of my time, I must learn to say no.

What would your first step be?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest