Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Be Careful!


We've all heard the old adage "Be careful what you wish for!".  I have definitely learned that lesson this year!

You may remember me writing about leaving the pain behind and filling that hole with the new adventure of college.  I can now attest that the hole has been filled to overflowing!  I am so busy and so overwhelmed that most days I don't know if I'm coming or going!

I knew I needed to keep busy in order to move forward.  I'm not that sure I had quite this busy in mind.  Never having attended college before, I honestly had absolutely no idea what I was in for.  I do now.  I no longer have to worry about filling that hole...I don't even have time to think about it. And that's a good thing.  Nothing works better at leaving pain behind than not thinking about it at all.

There is no longer any time to brood, to re-examine, to "what-if" anymore.  My days are now filled with what I need to get done, have I finished everything, and "what's next".  So much better to live in the land of "what's next" than in the land of "what went wrong".  "What's next" is a world of excitement, adventure, and possibilities.  It is where I choose to live my life now.

And the adventure continues!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest