Saturday, January 12, 2013

Breakfast On The Go

Now that I'm back in school, I needed something I could grab and go in the morning.  And as one of major goals this year is to cut back the grocery budget...that means more homemade than store-bought!  With that in mind...

Homemade Cereal Bars

Ingredients:

4 cups favorite cereal (I prefer Fruit Loops or Cap'n Crunch All Berries...but then I'm a kid at heart!)
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I prefer peanuts but walnuts or pecans will work)
3 Tbsp butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions:

Grease a 8x8 pan.  Melt butter and marshmallows in a double boiler. Pour over cereal, coconut, and chopped nuts in pan.  Stir to thoroughly coat.  Pat down in pan.  Allow to cool and cut in to bars.  Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap for transporting.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest