Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011

Anybody remember the old Chiffon margarine commercial that used the tagline "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!"?  (For my younger readers...look it up on YouTube!)

Lately it feels like that tagline should be changed to "It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature".  Still snowing in Wisconsin this week, yet another earthquake in Japan, and my state of Texas is on fire with over a million acres burned.  Mother Nature is pissed and she's not taking it anymore!!

I try to do my part...the majority of our light bulbs have been replaced with CFL's.  We recycle everything we can and have reduced our weekly trash to only one kitchen sized bag for the two of us.  We grow vegetables and fruit.

Is it enough?  Probably not.  Could we do more?  Probably so.  But I believe every little step counts so Mother Nature...could you give us a break?

1 comment:

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest