Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Chaos

There is one room in my house that is solely mine.  It is my sewing room, my office, my craft room, my library, my workout room, and oh yeah...it also functions as the guest room!  With Christmas preparations in full swing, it has now become a wrapping station as well.

Needless to say, the room is in complete chaos.  There is no room to sit other than the chair I'm currently planted on and walking room is down to one path from the door to the chair!  There are handmade gifts in various stages of completion everywhere.  There are gifts to be wrapped and sent.  There are gifts to go under the tree.  Every surface is covered with something that needs something done!

My goal for today?  Get to the point where I can actually distinguish what I need to do.  Emotionally, I feel like I'm wasting time when I should be working on projects but the truth is, if I don't get organized I won't get anything accomplished!!

So with my eyes on that prize, here I go wading in to the chaos!  Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Godspeed lol! You may lose a day, but getting it organized will be worth it in the end. So far my chaos is contained, but we're finishing shopping today so I'm sure that will soon take over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, honey!! I do have the advantage...no little ones at home anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it helps that my daughter is now 'over toys' as she says, and onto clothes and shoes, they take up less space!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest