Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Frugal Girls Night

Tonight I get to spend the evening with one of my best friends.  We both lead pretty busy lives so our goal is to get together at least once a quarter.  Tonight is the night for this quarter!

But how to have a girls night on a budget?  It's not easy, but with a little planning we're going to pull it off!

First, we're eating at a restaurant we have coupons for.  And we're going to be ordering an entree they currently have on special.  All things considered...we're talking steak and lobster for two for under a total of $30!!  Not too bad!

On to the exchange of Christmas gifts!  My friend is just as frugal (read:  cheap!) as I am and I know that whatever I receive, she paid at least 50% off retail!  On my end, my gift to her is handmade.  We also both go in to the exchange knowing that if the need for re-gifting arises...we will do so without offense!

The most important part of the night and the part that costs absolutely nothing?  Time spent with a friend I love and adore.  I can't emphasize enough, especially to my younger readers, the importance of girlfriends in your life.  As we age and especially in this empty nest phase, these relationships are precious and priceless.  And it's not just girlfriends.  I have male friends that I have close relationships with that I wouldn't trade for anything!!

Remember this holiday season...it's not how much you spend or how expensive the experience.  It's the time spent with the ones you love!!

Love,
Jerri

2 comments:

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest