Monday, December 12, 2011

Just Lucky

Sometimes being frugal isn't a matter of hard work or diligence.  Sometimes it's just a matter of being lucky.

Yesterday, Hubby and I were out shopping.  After leaving a store, we noticed that a Dollar General nearby was closing it's location.  We decided to check it out just in case there was something left we could use.

Hubby wears reading glasses.  I usually have pairs strategically stationed all over the house.  You'll find a pair on the dining room table, next to his chair, in the garage, etc.  Or you should.  For some reason, they keep disappearing.  Part of it is the fact he will walk away still wearing them and I personally believe they then go to hang out with the missing socks!

When we walked in the store yesterday, one of the first things I saw was a box of reading glasses.  Eight pairs in the strength he wears!!  There was no sign saying how much they were but they were on sale and at this point I didn't care.  The hunt for glasses whenever I wanted him to read something was getting old!

So I grabbed all eight pairs and added them to the cookies that had miraculously appeared in the basket he was holding.  At checkout, I was thrilled to find out they were 60 cents a pair!!

Being frugal can be a drudge.  There are times you want something, not need, just want and you know it's not in the budget.  Then there are other times when you get lucky and score something you need for a great price.  And that feels pretty good!

What lucky deal have you scored?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest