Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pardon The Interruption

Yesterday, I took a self-indulgent moment and wallowed in my Christmas funk.  Although the funk hasn't passed, the moment has.  I have no wish to pull anyone else in with me and need to pull myself out.

I've notice on various social media that the funk is widespread.  With that in mind, I am making a special effort to ensure that my updates are upbeat, and that I don't participate in personal attacks.  It is my responsibility that I don't spread my mood to others and to make sure no one suffers due to my state of mind.  This is the holiday season and one of the most quoted lines should also be the truest.  "Peace on earth and goodwill towards men."

Goodwill towards men.  Such a simple statement, but with the anonymity provided by distance and the keyboard, how often is this premise abandoned?  This holiday season, why don't we keep that concept front and center in both our personal and online relationships?  If you don't think you can manage the entire season...why not start with just one hour at a time?  When you've succeeded with that first hour, every hour thereafter will be easier and easier to accomplish.

So I wish you all the joy and wonder of the season from a heart filled with love.

Love,
Jerri

2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL POST JERRILYNN! That is exactly how I usually get through stressful moments. "One Day At A Time" can even be taken down to one minute then can be built on just as you stated. - KG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kraig!! You are right! Some days it's one minute at a time!!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest