Monday, December 15, 2014

A Night for Me

Saturday night, I was home alone.  My son was working and the gentleman I've been seeing was out of town for work.  I decided to indulge myself.

As my son hates seafood, I rarely eat it at home.  So out came the pots and pans!  I made Shrimp Fettucini Alfredo.  It was delicious!!

While I ate, I also indulged my love of reading.  I went back a few years and pulled out a classic.  "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier.  "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."  One of my favorite books of all time and the perfect selection for my evening.

As we get caught up in all the holiday craziness, it is important to take some down time.  As women, we frequently forget that we cannot care for others if we do not care for ourselves.  

Take some time this week to recharge.  It will make the holidays just that more joyous.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest