Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Words to Live By

Whine less, Breathe more

Talk less, Say more

Hate less, Love more

And all good things will be yours.

Sound like simple words, don't they?  Look just at the first line.  Breathing is a technique I am slowly learning at my advanced age.  Luckily, I have someone in my life who reminds me to do so and has an amazing ability to calm me.  I have a long way to go but I am getting there.

Move on to the second line.  It seems to contradict itself on the surface.  Look deeper.  As you talk less, the words you do say carry greater weight and meaning.  Makes sense now, doesn't it?

Line three would be a pretty easy one...or at least you would think so.  Have you seen the news lately?  The racial divide seems to be growing, and the distance between the classes is increasing day by day.  There is no doubt more love is needed in our world.

The final line is truly just a reminder of the Golden Rule.  Treating others as we wish to be treated, what goes around comes around, karma...however it is worded...what you reap is what you sow.  Breathe more, say more, and love more.  The same will return to you.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest