Tuesday, December 30, 2014

That Time of Year

I know...we do it every year and blow it by February.  What is it about resolutions that make them so difficult?  

This year, I am going to try to take a different path.  I have one resolution and one resolution only.  If you read yesterday's blog post, you read that I struggle with the woman in the mirror.  My best friends, along with my man, have tried to pound it into my thick skull that the woman I see in the mirror is not the same one they see.  I struggle with this on a daily basis.

That brings me to this year's resolution.  This year, I resolve to love that woman in the mirror.  I will cut her the same slack I do others and forgive her the same way.  I do not expect perfection from those I love and it is past time that the woman in the mirror is granted that same grace.

While this year's resolution may be internal, it in no way excuses me from getting my big butt on the treadmill!!  I actually broke down and bought one and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.  Just in time!!

Resolve to be kind to yourself this year...you deserve it!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest