Friday, February 26, 2016

Frugal Friday -- Free February

Well, it is almost the end of Free February.  How did you do?  For the most part, I behaved myself!  I did have three instances where I broke the rules.  Here they are:

1.  I bought the book I needed for March's book club meeting.  In my defense, I did get it for 50% off and only spent $7.50.

2.  I spent $15 dollars on a dvd for my son for Valentine's day.

3.  I completely broke down one night and got us Domino's for supper for a total of $27.00.

In total, I spent $49.50 on items that were not necessities in February.  Personally, I could have done better but the fact that I spent less than $50 in one month is pretty good!

What did I miss most?  Definitely, without any doubt, I missed fast food.  Which makes that a pretty good indicator that I eat it waaay too often.  Even so, I really want some Taco Bell!

Fortunately, my biggest vice, reading, is easy to feed for free.  There are a number of pages on Facebook that gather free books for Kindle on a daily basis.  As far as my crafts go, I have enough projects already on hand to last me a few years.

What did I learn?  I learned I have an unhealthy addiction to fast food.  I learned that, if I just look around what I already own, I have more than enough.  What did you learn?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest