Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Thursday 10

This week, I had another go at my clothes.  While I thought I was brutal on the first go-round, there were whole categories I skipped.  My boots and jeans came under the chopping block this week!  

Here are some easy questions to help you reduce the clothes in your closet.  If you answer just these three questions, you will be amazed at how much ends up in the donate pile!

1.  Do I love it?

2.  Does it fit?

3.  Have I worn it in the last year?

While most articles recommend six months as the time limit for wearing something, I try to keep in mind that some clothes are not worn in that period due to a change in seasons.  That is why I use the year as a guide.  You will still be astounded by how much you don't wear!

Remember, unless the clothes are damaged beyond repair, do not waste them!  Donate, take them to a consignment shop, or pass them down to a friend.  Our goal is to reduce, not increase the size of the local dump!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest