Wednesday, September 2, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 7

Day 7:  What were your favorite childhood toys?

My favorite childhood toys remain my favorite today.  Books were the dear friend of a lonely child and provide a refuge for this stressed adult.  With books, I am able to enter someone else's world, if only for a short time.  They provide an escape from reality for just a moment and allow the stress to subside just a bit before I have to re-enter the real world.

Here was one of my favorite series as a child...before I graduated to Perry Mason!

Image result for erle stanley gardner perry mason

One of my other favorites from my childhood was my little am radio.  I would hide it under my pillow at night and listen to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater.  Of course, I usually managed to scare the hell out of myself at the same time!  It was masterful storytelling but what really made the story scary were the sound effects.  When heard in the dark, late at night, they were truly terrifying!



What were some of your favorites?

Love, Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest