Tuesday, September 22, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 19

Day 19:  What is your biggest regret in life?

This could be a very long list.  I am trying, however, to look at my regrets more as lessons.  Trust me, at the age of 53, I have had a LOT of lessons!

If I had to pick just one thing, without getting too extremely personal, I would say it was not going to college until I was 50.  While I did not have that opportunity upon leaving high school, I do wish I had not waited so long to start.

On the other hand, beginning college at 50 meant I was mature and grateful enough to recognize the opportunity and take full advantage of same.  I was too old to party but not too old to enjoy campus activities.  I worked hard and finished a two-year program in sixteen months with a 3.9 average!

Look at your regrets as lessons.  When you know better, you do better.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest