Tuesday, September 8, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 10

Day 10:  What is your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure?  Me time.

Why guilty?  Because there is a never-ending to-do list that needs to be completed.  Because when a friend calls to ask how I'm doing, I listen for 45 minutes to what is going on in her life.  Because I suck at saying no, demanding time for myself, and putting my needs anywhere on any list at any time.  Because when there is a bit of extra money for shopping, it gets spent on the house or other people.  Because I buy my groceries at Dollar Tree to make more money available for the household.

Get the picture?  There is a difference between being a nurturer and a woman who does not have the sense to make time to take care of herself.  I fall smack dab in the middle of the second!  Yes, me time is my guilty pleasure.  If I take even a few minutes for myself, the guilt is overwhelming and the thoughts of what I "should" be doing race through my head.

Obviously, this is an area I need to work on improving.  One day, the me time will be a pleasure...without the guilt.

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest