Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day

Another six weeks of winter.  That's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around as it hit 81 degrees in Austin yesterday.  Instead of another six weeks of winter, I'm still waiting for winter to actually begin.  Even New York is enjoying temperatures in the 60's.

Although I live in Texas right now, there are elements to winter that I still enjoy.  I love being able to wear my boots and sweaters.  I love the comfort of foods such as stew and chili.  I love to curl up with a blanket and read in front of a roaring fire. You don't need a foot of snow on the ground to enjoy winter's treats, just a significant drop in temperature will work.  So far this year, not so much.

But according to Phil, I have another six weeks to hope for that weather.  My fingers are crossed!!  We usually get a winter storm around the middle of February so I still have a shot to wear those boots.  If not...maybe I'll crank up the AC and start a fire in the fireplace anyways!

Tell me...are you looking forward to more winter or are you ready for spring?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest