Monday, May 21, 2012

Worth A Do-Over

I had a conversation this weekend with one of my best friends about the importance of these words and always saying them before you separate from someone whether via text, email, chat, phone, or in person.  With that in mind, I thought it worth it to re-post this blog from last month just to emphasize the importance of these three little words.  Enjoy the read!



My Last Words

Ever since I lost my best friend to breast cancer, I have made a conscious effort to change how I end each and every conversation.

Whether in a chat box, text, email, or phone conversation...I end each conversation with "I love you".  It doesn't matter if it's friend or family.  It's important that anyone I have a relationship with knows that they are in my heart.

Each conversation and each interaction may be my last.  I'm not being morbid, that's just reality.  I want the last words anyone remembers me saying to be "I love you".  Those are the words I want to be echoing in to whatever void my absence may leave.  Any conversation where I don't say it is a missed opportunity.

So whether it is just for now or whether it will be forever...my last words are now and always will be...I love you.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest