Thursday, November 20, 2014

Growth

As I wrote yesterday, you can be satisfied with your life while still striving for growth.  That growth can be personal, financial, educational, or a multitude of other endeavors.

Do you know anyone who has the perfect life?  Even with the facade of perfection, we never truly know what is going on behind the scenes.  That trophy wife may regret not finishing her education.  That high-powered executive may wish for more family time.  We do not know what any other person has going on inside or behind closed doors.

To be satisfied with your life does not mean you turn into a couch potato.  That is stagnation, and in a lot of cases, just plain laziness.  My latest mantra has become "So what are you going to do about it?"  I use this mantra not only on myself but I can pretty much guarantee at least my youngest son is sick to death of hearing it.  Why on myself?  Because sometimes the end goal can be overwhelming, and I need a reminder to break it down into doable steps.  

Goals are the first component of growth.  What areas of your life would you like to see grow?  Have a list?  So what are you going to do about it?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest