Monday, January 19, 2015

Silly Little Things

Resolutions tend to be major changes or life events.  I know my resolution is and so are those of some of my friends.  I also have some silly little ones that I work toward on a continuing basis.  Allow me to share a few of them.

I'm slowly replacing my lingerie with matching sets.  Yes, I realize that those are the women who die in horror movies; but I want to feel pretty, even when it's covered by a hoodie and jeans!  Like most women, I have spent the majority of my life ensuring that my children had everything, that my man had every need met, but rarely focused on myself.  I am 52 years old.  Purchasing pretty, matching sets of lingerie is a small way to focus on myself.

I will read at least 52 books this year.  Reading is one of my greatest pleasures.  It is also the activity that falls the furthest down the list when I get busy.  No more!  I have already completed three books this year and I will make my goal!

I will continue to reduce.  I wish I meant my weight, but I actually mean my stuff.  I have already unloaded three large bags of items and have a quite healthy donation pile in progress!  I may never qualify as one of the fad, a minimalist, but I am realizing that reducing my clutter increases my peace!

None of these qualify as those huge life-altering resolutions we make every January.  In truth, they are much more of lifestyle adjustments.  Yes, even the lingerie, as that entails treating myself well in a small way.  The next one I will add to the list?  Probably managing my email accounts...though that one may qualify as a major life event!

Love,
Jerri


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog. The part in which you say that girls with matching lingerie die in movies...I just about died laughing XD

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest