Monday, February 2, 2015

Finding Balance

Most of my posts lately have been about finding balance in your life.  Honestly, I struggle with this each and every day.

While I am doing a much better job of balancing my finances, my emotional balance is still all over the map most days.  I find myself struggling not to be a caretaker.  There are emotional burdens that are just too much for me to carry and still care for myself.  At the same time, I cannot abide the feeling that I may be walking away from someone who needs me.

What to do?  I don't have any answers.  As I said, I struggle with this every day.  I am unsure of where or how to draw these lines.  Is the line drawn in sand or is it necessary to build a stone wall?  If the wall is not made of stone, am I strong enough to not allow a breach that may cause me harm?  

Learning to set those boundaries and stick by them is an ongoing lesson for me, even this late in life. Emotional balance is surely an attainable goal, I just need to figure out the ways and means of getting there.

Please join me on this journey.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest